Sunday, July 29, 2012

My Thoughts by Rassaan Grant

Well, what I think of Camp Fire is that it is a fun programme for children like me. It teaches you to be self-confident, to be yourself, to know your identity, and to know about yourself. Now a days we are losing our young men. However there is some good for them in the world so that they, who are sometimes young men on the road or in gangs, can start to be a part of Camp Fire.

We also have fun and games and go on the road. While we are learning about our national heroes, our ancestors, and our culture, the mentors at the camp also allow us to show our TAGs: talents, abilities, and gifts. We even create our own poems. One for example is: "Before God made me, He designed me, with talents gifts and abilitites. Before God made me, He designed me, with talents gifts and abilities. He made me, for a purpose, for a purpose, my purpose. As I said before, that is just one of our poems. We have many more powerful poems. Just remember, God is with you all the way. We are leaders, not followers, and this is what I want to say about Camp Fire, lighting a fire for a better Jamaica and world; and "God will always answer, maybe not now but at the right time".

No comments:

Post a Comment